We are continually reviewing all our health and safety to ensure we meet all the updated Government Guidelines and have put new process in place. We have been working hard to ensure that we can be there for our customers, please bear with us as response times may be slower during these times.
We confirm we have complied with the government's guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19:
- We have carried out a COVID-19 Risk Assessment and shared the results with the people who work here
- We have cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the work place
- Where people cannot be 2m apart we have done everything practical to manage the transmission risk
- Masks must be worn at all times in the showroom. Disposable masks can be provided
Following the latest Government update on COVID-19 our Hull and Leeds showrooms are open from 12th April following all-new safety measures. We have been working hard to update our showroom layout and processes to ensure it is a safe as possible for our staff and customers.
We ask all customers to follow these guidelines:
- Masks must be worn when in the showroom at all times. If you do not have one we can provide a disposable one for you.
- Please only visit the showroom with a maximum of 2 people per household. We kindly request if possible to not bring children to the showroom so that we can ensure social distancing is kept.
- If you wish to book a service or call out we request you do this via phone (01482 212322 option 2), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our online form. This is so we can limit the number of people in the showroom at any time.
- If the showroom reaches a safe capacity of customers (specified by social distancing) then you will be asked to wait outside until we can safely allow you to enter.
- Upon entering the showroom you will see a foot-peddle hand sanitiser, all customers must use this upon entering and exiting the showroom.
- We have disposable masks for you if you do not have your own. Please dispose of these when leaving.
- During this time we prefer card payments if possible and these will be contactless for any payments under £45.
Outdoor Living would like to thank its customers for their patience and support during these times.
The Installation and After Sales department is open (Option 4). We are able to offer delivery and installation of hot tubs using contactless and social distancing procedures. We will also complete a risk assessment prior to every installation to ensure it is suitable.
All technicians on site will have full PPE and have been given training regarding social distancing and installing hot tubs under this new environment. Please note that staff will not be be permitted to attend if you or anyone in your household have experienced any symptoms within the last 2 weeks.
Service, Repair and Warranty Team
The Service Team are open (Option 2). Repair Technicians are undertaking Service, Warranty and Repair work. Please bear with us as this department has seen an unprecedented increase of appointments as customers are using their hot tubs more. We will be prioritising urgent warranty work and those who utilise the hot tubs for health reasons.
All appointments will receive a pre-call assessment to determine where social distancing procedures can be followed and will be agreed upon subject to individual risk assessments being completed and agreed up prior to each job being undertaken. All appointments will be completed fully contactless and will be explained prior to your appointment.
If you have an appointment booked and you or any member of the household starts to develop any symptoms related to COVID-19 type disease you must inform us immediately in order that we can re-schedule.
Online Store | Change in delivery times
We would like to assure our customers that our online store is still open for home delivery of chemicals, filters, accessories and parts.
For full information on changes to the below normal delivery timescales, please visit this page.
Can I use my Hot Tub?
If you have a serious fault that affects the filtration and/or safe operation of your hot tub, we recommend that you drain your spa immediately and turn off the power supply to avoid any potential health risks until we can book an appointment for you.
Sitting in a hot tub has always been known to have so many health benefits, and though the use of innovative technology such as Ozone or ClearRay, helps you to maintain clean and clear water.
However, we have received a large number of emails and phone calls from customers who are asking about the use of hot tubs and swim spas during this time. We will continue to monitor all advice from relevant bodies, but we wish to reassure our customers that there is no evidence that the virus can be spread through pools or hot tubs. As outlined by the The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans using pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g. with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.
Everyone here at Outdoor Living is thinking about those affected by the outbreak and we wish you and your families the very best of health during this difficult time. If you need to contact us, please call (and please leave a message if not answered immediately) or send an email and we will respond to your message as soon as practically possible. Please bear with us during this unprecedented and challenging time.